Le crime ne paie pas mais la justice se sert : Jammie Thomas, une mère américaine, a piraté de la musique… 1700 morceaux apparemment. Ce qui lui fait la coquette amende d’un million-quatre-vingt-douze-mille dollars d’amende! Voici donc listés par Gizmodo, 6 crimes moins chers que de pirater de la musique …
Second Degree Murder and Six Other Crimes Cheaper than Pirating Music By Jesus Diaz,
I’m outraged that the Obama administration is supporting the RIAA on the case against Jammie Thomas, a single mother of four who has to pay them $1.92 million for downloading songs. That’s more expensive than murder and six other crimes:
- Child abduction: Fine of $25,000 and up to three years in prison, which can be accounted as $50,233 per year (that was the median household income in 2007, probably down because of the economic crisis). Total: $175,699.
- Steal the CDs: A total of $275,000, $52,500 fine for the CDs.
- Steal a lawnmower from your neighbour: A total of $375,000.
- Burn someone’s house while playing The Doors: Another $375,000.
- Stalk a Gizmodo editor (yes, you know who you are): A Class 4 felony that will result in just $175,000.
- Start a dogfighting ring: $50,000.
- Murder someone on the second degree, a Class 1 felony: $778,495, which accounts for a $25,000 fine and four to 15 years in prison.